Monday, November 10, 2008

The Big Party (And This Mom is Pooped!)

Saturday was the "official" party for my girl. I took the day off Friday to clean, grocery shop, set the table and all the other stuff that comes with hosting festivities. Thankfully, my parents took Bugs Friday night until Saturday so I could actually get stuff done. Saturday was crappy and rainy, quite a disappointment, but then again, we wouldn't be running around outside. Of course, more running around, prepping, setting, and getting myself ready. I love to host parties, but I hate the work. I spend 2 days cleaning and when it's over, who could tell? And I hardly got to enjoy my guests, which included my in-laws who flew in from TX, or my daughter at her party.

Sheesh...all these years my mom made it look so effortless. I was EXHAUSTED when they left at 8 (party started at 4) and in no mood to start cleaning again. I wish I had 2 dishwashers! The next day we had a 90th birthday party to attend for my husband's grandmothers birthday, so getting anything productive around the house was out. I, thankfully, got to sleep in and sleep I did. Until 10! Felt like I was in college again. Sometimes I really miss those days of sleeping in, padding around the house and do whatever whenever I felt like it. I had A LOT of those days, so I guess I shouldn't complain. I just keep thinking I probably would have bounced back quicker if I were younger. Back then, staying out until 4 and being at work by 9 was no problem. Now, BIG problem!

All in all, it was a great party and I know my daughter had fun and is loved by so many people. That's all that matters. Now, if I could just get a nap in...

No comments: