Tuesday, November 25, 2008

We've Been Hit...By The Croup

My daughter has come down with Croup. Sounds just as horrible as the name. Poor girl is up during the night coughing and hacking like a seal. Most evenings, around 2 am, she coughs so hard she throws up. Not like changing her crib is a pleasurable experience normally (bumpers) but at 2 am, it's even less so. So, I rock her and comfort her as best I can and do all the things the books say. Not sure what benefit they are really having, but it makes me feel better like I'm contributing to her recovery.

This is going to be my daughter's second Thanksgiving. Last year she was 3 weeks old at Thanksgiving and slept through the vast majority of it. She was so cute and so little then! Last night when she was sitting on my lap reading a Thanksgiving book with me, it was so emotional to think back to life a year ago and all the changes that have happened. I'm sure next Thanksgiving I'll have her on my lap reading a story and have the same exact thoughts. Time really does fly by. I try every day to enjoy my daughter and be thankful for her.

No comments: