Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The Tooth...You Can't Handle The Tooth!

Yeah! A top tooth has finally broken through! This explains the crabby behavior and the uninterest in food there for a week or so. I'm so happy that she's finally getting her top teeth...like a little right of passage. My girl is getting so big!

Of course, this one top tooth is going to make her look like a jack-o-lantern with a crazy smile. She'll have 1 top right tooth, 2 bottom center teeth and 1 bottom left tooth. Weird how they just come in all willy nilly. Everyone thinks they are like animals on Noah's Ark and come in 2 at a time, but my daughter is proving this not to be the case.

Maybe now we will have the skills to bite into things. Just not other humans I hope. She's been bit 3 times at her daycare now. I hope it doesn't become something she's interested in doing. I don't want to be on the receiving end of that phone call!

My quest for veggies is going surprisingly well right now. Spaghetti squash is still my little savior. I mixed it into her pasta last night with some chicken and viola! All gone! Today she is sporting an egg, ham, shredded carrot omelet for breakfast. I made this carrot sticks in a apple glaze for her PM snack. We'll see how that goes. I don't have much hope, and find it difficult to send her to school with food she hasn't tried at home. I worry that if she doesn't eat something new that I'm trying, she won't have a meal. I know she won't starve to death, but if she's like her father when he doesn't get a meal in him, she won't be pleasant to deal with.

No comments: