Friday, November 21, 2008

One Step For Babykind

She did it! She took her first tentative steps toward Toddlerhood. Of course, being a working mom I missed the real actual first steps. She did those at daycare and when I arrived to pick her up they had her ready and waiting to show me her new skill. I was such the proud Mommy!! This is one of the last big milestones in her life...walking. I know there is reading, bike riding, words, to follow this, but this seems like the send off from babyhood into toddlerhood.

The hardest part of all of this? Not sharing with anyone! I worked on her last night to take a few steps for my husband as a surprise. I think she used most of her skill and energy up earlier, and it took some major bribing with Puffs on my part to get her to take 3 steps for me. But we were both so thrilled. I haven't said a word to the grandparents, which was so hard because my mom called last night. We're going to see her tomorrow and I want Bugs to surprise her. I want to tell everyone, but really want to see the look of happiness and surprise on their faces when they discover her new skill. Her one set of grandparents have walked up and down the halls of their condo with her Wednesday evening and after Wednesday evening. They will be overjoyed!

Such major developments going on in our house with the little person. I look at the pictures on my desk from as soon as 4 months ago and the changes are just incredible. Her hair is fuller and fuller in each shot, her face is more mature, she's grown...ugh, it tugs at the heartstrings. I just love this little person more than anybody in the world and more than I ever imagined.

No comments: