Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Woman vs. 23 Pound Weakling

Well, I must say, my daughter has a will of iron. I'm still on my path of getting her to eat healthy. Most of the "good stuff" ends up being picked out of the bowl and on the floor. How on earth can she find that minuscule pea or piece of carrot and have it completely avoid her mouth? I thought it would all just get shoveled in. But no. She interrogates every bite and what seems oddly colored or textured gets rejected. This is going to be a loooooooooooooooong battle. Sadly, I think I'm losing to a 23 pound weakling.

Overall, her appetite seems very off key. She hasn't been eating much of anything at all. Even her daycare noticed and sent a little report home about it. I can't force her to eat and I don't know if it's food choice or something else. If it's food choice, then I have to believe that she'll get hungry enough and eat the healthy goodness I'm putting before her. I believe she's teething, which always changes the dynamics for a while.

Tonight is my "night off" and I'm going to attempt to whip up some healthy meals that I can freeze and reuse at various points. A little couscous is in order and I'll mix in some other meat and veggies. We'll see!

No comments: